I'm so sick of winter

Even though the sun is shining today and it's quite warm out, (this is Alberta, so unfortunately +2 Celsius is considered warm this time of year) I want green!  I'm sick of snow, cold, bare trees, and no flowers!  So I'm pulling out some summer photos, time to play with new product!!  This photo I used here was one I took at a butterfly house at Devonian Gardens last summer.  I can't believe how good it turned out, considering I had to snap fast before it took off.


In this layout I used Prima's new paper, the Shabby Chic and Flights of Fancy collection.  Love all their new paper!!  There's some Basic Grey Origins brads, rub-on and journaling diecuts, Jenni Bowlin button, and a fabric embellishment  from Webster's Pages in there too.  The other two flowers I made myself.  The little green ruffle one is really easy to make.


Take a piece of ribbon, at least 12 inches, and with a threaded needle, run a  gathering stitch down the center.  Pull it up tight, check to see if this is enough ribbon used to make a round flower, if not, stitch a bit more.  It really depends on the thickness and type of ribbon, how much you will need.  Once you have the desired amount, gather it tight and secure both ends together.  I used a large brad from Basic Grey for the center, poking it through a small cardstock circle, that I made smaller than the ribbon, so you can't see it.  I used glue dots on the circle to secure it to the ribbon.  This is a great way to use up bits of ribbon!


Take care, and have a great Thursday.  


No comments

Back to Top