When you aren't....

working, or can't lift anything, do a lot of housework, get groceries, all the everyday things I usually do; it's amazing how much scrapbooking one can do!!    I better take advantage of this while I can!  Anyways, here's another layout...


This photo is of my aunt and uncle, who are both in their 90's (you would never know it).  While we were in Australia last year, we went to visit them and when we were leaving I took this photo, they looked so sweet standing there together.  Love this line from Jenni Bowlin!  I'm also hooked on the Jenni Bowlin Core-dinations paper.  It's already embossed, so when you sand it, the pattern comes out.
I made more flowers using paper.  The large one is folded like an accordion and then glued together on the ends.  The medium one was cut with my slice(vintage cartridge).  I usually cut out two of each size, three different sizes, and layer them together.  The little flower was made like the ribbon flower in the previous post, except using paper.  After it is gathered, wet the paper, pat it dry, and then pull up the thread.



I've also started working on new displays for The Urban Scrapbook.  Here's a sneak of one:


Pat and Lynette have been busy too......


It's so nice to see some spring decorations!  Go visit the store and check them out!

And now for some; proud of my daughter, time.  My daughter has the dream job and dream life of quite a few young women (what am I saying, older women, too!!) She is a fashion designer living in Manhattan, New York. I would love it, too because; 1. - the apartments are soooo tiny, there's hardly any housework to do. 2. - There's no room for any laundry facilities anywhere in the apartment buildings, so you have to take your stuff to a laundromat, where they do it all for you and iron it too!!  3.  There's no grocery stores, other than the corner shops which are ridiculously expensive, so it's cheaper to eat out.  O.K. so far that's, no cleaning, no laundry, no cooking.....hmmm and it gets even better!  4. more shoe stores than you can imagine  5.  More clothing stores than you can imagine. 6.  There are so many amazing restaurants, you would never get bored eating at the same ones.  I could go on and on, the art galleries, the museums, Central Park, theatre, as I said, she's a lucky girl.  Yes, it is expensive to live there, but she doesn't need a car, so that has saved her a lot of money!  Anyways, (I almost forgot where I was going with this!LOL!) she has just released a video campaign for the fall/winter line that she designed here (she's the one with the knit hat helping the model) so check it out! She has worked really hard on this line, so I wish her nothing but success, she deserves it!! 

Well, enough of my rambling, back to scrapbooking....
Take care and have a great Monday!


1 comment

Sandra D said...

Beautiful lo - thanks for sharing all the close-ups and the details. Your daughter is very talented too - love the grungy feel of the video campaign.

Back to Top