On the mend...



Well, it's been a long week battling this infection, but I'm happy to say that I'm feeling a lot better.  By Wednesday night I was happy to say good-bye to this place.  

This photo was taken at around 6:30a.m., everyone is still sleeping, just the sound of snoring.  It's funny just to sit there and listen to all the different types of snoring, just like a symphony.  Yes, I know I'm weird, but what else do you do at that time in the morning, waiting for a nurse to open the clinic, so I can go back home, back to bed too!  I have sat in this hallway, let's see, 12 times in four days.  I was grumbling a lot about this until on my last visit, a nurse told me that some of the patients on this ward (geriatrics) have been there for months and months, a few have been there almost a year!  I can't imagine being in a hospital for that long, can you?  There's nowhere else for these patients to go, they are too ill to go home, too ill for a retirement home, it's just sad.  No more grumbling from me, however bad I'm feeling, there's a lot more people worse off.
But, I can always find something humorous, no matter what my situation.  Like on Tuesday, when I had a doctor's appointment, to get my drain taken out.  Instead of driving all the way home and then having to head back to the hospital again, my husband and I decided to walk around West Edmonton Mall and then go for lunch.  Well, I was getting pretty tired and we were still too early to go to the hospital, so we decided  just to sit in the car and relax.  All of a sudden, I woke up with a start, we had both fallen asleep!  Luckily I had woken up (hmmm, I was probably snoring, no, probably my husband was snoring, I don't snore!) when I did, we would have missed my appointment!  I wonder if anyone walked by and noticed us sleeping?!  

Yesterday afternoon this was delivered to my house.


Thank you sooooo much Aimee, Alison and Benjamin!!!   Isn't this the most gorgeous bouquet of flowers?  Aimee and Alison are customers of Urban Scrapbook and they sent this to me.  Where else do customers send things to the employees!  I have received some beautiful cards and flowers from others too.  We have the best customers and friends at Urban!!  Thank you so much, it is like a bouquet of Spring.  

I haven't been able to do much scrapbooking this week or go on the computer, so I'm anxious to get going again.  I did finish this address book yesterday:




I've had this chipboard binder forever, I can't even remember who makes it.  But we needed a new address book (my husband threw ours in the recycling bag by mistake, oops!)  I used Graphic 45 papers and their typewriter alphabet punch-outs.  The pictures aren't the greatest, but the small rose type flower was made with 7gypies gaffer tape.  This idea came from Pat, my sis and owner of Urban.  I have quite a few of those tape rolls and this is a great way to use them up.  I just folded it in half and twisted and wrapped it around and around, the same way as done with paper.  The large flower was just strips of paper, sewn down the center with a large size of stitching, wet with water, then gathered up.  You do have to gather it with care, as the paper tears easy when damp.   After it's dry, glue to the paper.  Now, the hard part, trying to find all our addresses and phone numbers to fill it!

Here are a few sites to lure you away from laundry, housework, etc. -

Our family has always eaten healthy and even more so lately.  If you are interested in eating habits, check out this video on Heather Prins' blog about Jamie Oliver.  

Check out this beautiful layout by Roxanne, she's so talented!

If you're into the vintage look, this is a great blog for free vintage images.

Hope you have a great weekend!









3 comments

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are feeling better, what an ordeal!! I would have laughed so hard to see you and Rob sleeping in the car-what a great photo that would have been!

Roxanne said...

I'm sure Rob planned throwing out the old address book! He must have known a brand new one would replace it. Stunning!!
So glad that the week has ended well and the weekend has had a fabulous start. :) phew!
Thanks for your sweet compliment. It means a ton coming from you.
{hugs}

Alison said...

Glad to hear you are on the mend and things are going well. I'm happy the flowers arrived without trouble and that you like them! We just wanted to let you know that we're thinking of you...

Back to Top