A new layout

I've been itching to use this chipboard diecut from ScrapFX, a company from Australia.


They have some amazing diecuts, but this one was my favorite.  I started out painting it, layering different colors of crackle paint, but then I just decided to do something different.  This is what I came up with:



I took plain white tissue, stamped on it with a Tim Holtz stamp and staz-on ink, and then sprayed the whole thing with glimmer mist.  While it was still wet, I laid it over the heart(which was glued to the cardstock and I covered the diecut and surrounding area with glue) and pressed down.  Where there was glue the tissue paper stuck, and I pulled off the excess.   Then, since my hands and everything else was covered in tissue, glue and glimmer mist, I though what else can I do with this tissue.  Awhile ago I saw an artist's work with book paper, books and sewing and, of course, I can't remember who it was or where I saw it(sorry!), but I loved how they wrapped the paper with thread.  So the flowers on this layout are my take on it:





I think I'm hooked on this whole tissue paper and glimmer mist thing, what else can I do? Hmmm...
The papers I used are the new lines from Studio Calico, love them!  The photo is of my three children, from a couple of years ago.  That's the last time they've all been home for Christmas.  Reece, the oldest lives in Australia, so I think we should all go there for Christmas next time!

On a personal note..., I just want everyone who knows what I've been going through lately, that I'm doing great and once again on the road to recovery.  Thanks for all your good thoughts, prayers and well-wishes! 
And for those who don't know me well,... I was diagnosed with breast cancer the first week of January 2010.  I had a mastectomy January 20th and originally my lymph nodes tested negative for cancer.  After further testing, one lymph node tested positive, so last week I went in for another surgery to remove the rest of the lymph nodes in that area.  So, hopefully they got it all, I'm keeping me fingers crossed!  I will have to have chemo, starting next month.  I do have to say, though, I am thankful that I have this hobby in my life.  It takes my mind off of everything else, it's relaxing and it's good to express what I'm feeling, or going through.  Even the days when I haven't been able to scrapbook, it's nice to check out  all the blogs, websites, and just be inspired by all the fabulous work out there.  My scrapbooking friends, co-workers, and customers are such a thoughtful and caring group of women.  It means so much to me!!
I even had a video message from Lindsay of Cosmo Cricket, thanks to Sheri!!

And, on a final note, before I forget....
Check out  the latest issue of Canadian Scrapbooker!


Some of us Urban Scrapbook girls are in there!
I have a layout in there and also my sister Pat has cards, and Roxanne  has a layout!
Whew, this is a long post!!
Take care and have a great Wednesday!

1 comment

Thinkie said...

Great page!
I wish you a swift and full recovery!

Back to Top